Many of our members are big fans of Bearbones, and suggested I share their Facebook page. If you haven’t already liked them, then search Facebook for ‘Bearbones Offroad – Land Rover Parts and Accessories’. As a taster here is one of their recent posts.
This Defender was brought into us to have a top to bottom restoration in memory of the customers late father who originally owned and bought the car in 1996. We’re happy to have been able to honour their legacy and keep this car running for generations to come.
Despite some difficulties that came with this renovation, we returned the Defender to a very happy customer who can now enjoy the trucks new lease of life. You’ll want to check out the before and after pics on this one.
Some of the works included:
- New chassis, suspension, clutch, brake lines system, wire loom, snorkel and brakes (discs, pads and caliper).
- Stripped each panel from the truck and sanded and painted them in 3 stage colour Roja Red.
- Brand new chunky tyres and wheels, sprayed in Santorini Black.
- Modified tow bar and fitted rear Terrafirma bumperettes.
- Added an extra fuel tank so the customer can go twice the distance without refuelling.
- Detailed front and rear axles and a refurb and detailed engine and gearbox.
- Repaired foot floor bulkhead panel.
- Fitted new rev gauge, exhaust temp gauge, turbo boost gauge, additional fuel gauge, rear spot light switch and overdrive temp gauge.
- Added extra rear light and spot light.